Monday, November 24, 2008

Daily - 11/24/08

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No trial has come to you but what is human. God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it.

This is one of my “go to” verses when I’m in time of trouble. I’ve had a couple of times in my life when things were going so badly that I felt I was at the breaking point. These verses are very comforting because they tell you a few things:

- All trials are human – there is someone, possibly someone nearby, who can understand your situation and perhaps help you.

- God is faithful – he will not abandon you.

- God will not allow you to be tried beyond your strength – and in all likelihood, you are stronger than you think.

- God will give you what you need to bear the weight of the trial. In my case, this has always ultimately been through faith in Him.

For anyone who has a desire to memorize scripture verses, this is a good one to have in your toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!