Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Daily - 2/10/10

Psalm 63

2 O God, you are my God-- for you I long! For you my body yearns; for you my soul thirsts, Like a land parched, lifeless, and without water.

3 So I look to you in the sanctuary to see your power and glory.

4 For your love is better than life; my lips offer you worship!

5 I will bless you as long as I live; I will lift up my hands, calling on your name.

6 My soul shall savor the rich banquet of praise, with joyous lips my mouth shall honor you!

7 When I think of you upon my bed, through the night watches I will recall

8 That you indeed are my help, and in the shadow of your wings I shout for joy.

9 My soul clings fast to you; your right hand upholds me.

-------------------

This was part of my daily devotional this morning. Does this psalm describe you? Do you long for God? Does your body yearn for Him? What does that feel like?

Does your soul thirst for Him?

Do you have total confidence that the Lord is your help? Do you shout for joy in the shadow of His wings? Does your soul cling fast to the Lord?

Are these just words, or do people live their lives this way?

Do you want to be like this?