Thursday, April 29, 2010

Daily - 4/29/2010

John 13:16-20

16 Amen, amen, I say to you, no slave is greater than his master nor any messenger greater than the one who sent him.

17 If you understand this, blessed are you if you do it.

18 I am not speaking of all of you. I know those whom I have chosen. But so that the scripture might be fulfilled, 'The one who ate my food has raised his heel against me.'

19 From now on I am telling you before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe that I AM.

20 Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me."
----------

I'm short on time and we've been here several times recently. I just want to point out a couple of elements to this message.

1. Service -- this came just after Christ washed the feet of the Twelve at the Last Supper. This is the model for us to follow.

2. Priesthood -- "whoever receives the one I send receives me" - he was speaking about the first priests of the Church, and the same applies today.

Gotta run!