Monday, May 17, 2010

Daily - 5/17/2010

John 16:29-33

29 His disciples said, "Now you are talking plainly, and not in any figure of speech.

30 Now we realize that you know everything and that you do not need to have anyone question you. Because of this we believe that you came from God."

31 Jesus answered them, "Do you believe now?

32 Behold, the hour is coming and has arrived when each of you will be scattered to his own home and you will leave me alone. But I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

33 I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world."

---------

Great meditation on "How to Have Peace in Jesus" in Magnificat today.

Look at my unworthiness; look at your kindness, Jesus, Son of Man, my Lord and my God. Forgive me and accept my thanks for allowing me another chance. I know my weakness. I know that without you I am nothing. Help me! Alone I cannot make one step. Let me see myself as I am.

Make me realize these graces that you have allowed. Give me tolerance, understanding, humility, patience! Above all, inflame my heart with an unquenchable love for you. Make me an alert servant, not a sloppy, tired, lazy one as I have been until now. Do not allow me, sweet Lord, to take unto myself any pride about my achievements; make me humbly realize that I am only an instrument. You know it is all for your glory.

Make me more charitable, more gentle, more understanding with people. Give me humility—then I shall be able to serve you as I must. Cure my laziness. Give me strength and determination for sacrifices and mortifications. Make me patient, controlling all irritability, anger, impatience.

Help me, O Master. Look not at the unworthiness of your servant but only on her desire to serve you. Enkindle that desire until, as a flame, it consumes me entirely! Bless all the things I do in your name. Give me understanding of what I should do and what I should run away from. Give me your love! In temporal things, give me my daily bread, and the rest as you will. Your will be done, not mine.

-- Servant of God Catherine de Hueck Doherty.