Tuesday, July 5, 2011

7/5/11 - Take My Yoke Upon You

Matthew 11:27-30


27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him.

28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

---------

Jesus says, no one knows the father, except Him, and anyone to whom He wishes to reveal God. Knowledge of God is divinely revealed, by Jesus, at his own discretion.

Have you ever wondered exatly what makes Jesus wish to reveal the Father to a person? Verse 29 says "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me." If we are to take Jesus at his word, that means we learn from Jesus by taking on his yoke.

What does that mean?

According to Wikipedia, A yoke is a wooden beam, normally used between a pair of oxen or other animals to enable them to pull together on a load when working in pairs. Taking Chirst's yoke means tying yourself to Him - sticking to Him, going where He goes, and acting the way He wants us to act. According to Jesus, if we are willing to do this, we will learn from Him. He will reveal the Father to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!