Monday, November 30, 2009

Daily - 11/30/09

Luke 10:21-24

21 At that very moment he rejoiced (in) the holy Spirit and said, "I give you praise, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will.

22 All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him."

23 Turning to the disciples in private he said, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see.

24 For I say to you, many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it."
-------

This is immediately after the return of the 72 disciples that Christ sent out to preach the gospel and perform miracles in His name. To read the preceding verses, go here: New American Bible - Luke 10

The Lord reveals his will and purposes to the childlike -- those who come to Him like children, fully dependent upon Him, without the burdens and stumbling blocks that we adults place between ourselves and our Lord. I know from my own experience that my best spiritual moments are when I can rid myself of those things, bow down in humility before my Lord, confess to Him that I need him for everything, and then just sit quietly before him.

I've found that for me, it is at those moments where I'm sitting in verse 22, and Jesus is choosing to reveal the Lord to me, bit by tiny bit.