Friday, June 13, 2008

Daily - 6/13/08

John 14:1-6

1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me.

2 In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.

4 Where (I) am going you know the way."

5 Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the
way?"

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

--------------------

Verse 6 should be familiar to all. Christ is very clear, they way to the Father is through HIM. There are many, many people who completely reject this statement. We live in an age of relativism, where the most publicly acceptable position is that many (if not all) religions or belief systems lead to God. Yet Christ says something different here. Those who have heard the Gospel are faced with a choice. Many just can’t accept that, or perhaps say they do but don’t truly believe.

This can be huge stumbling block for people. Many can’t get past the question of whether the tribesman in the jungles of Brazil can get to heaven. Those folks always miss a very simple point – the question is irrelevant to them. They HAVE heard the gospel, so the point doesn’t apply. It isn’t up to us to worry about that situation. That’s between God and the individual.