Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Daily - 8/24/2010

Matthew 7:7-8

7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

------------

The more I think about these verses, the more precious they are to me.

At the moment, I think of them mostly in terms of my relationship with Christ. I want a deeper relationship than what I have. I want to increase my connection with Christ, who is already living inside me. I want to life a LIfe in the Spirit.

A lot of people want those things. But ... wanting isn't enough though. I need to ask, seek, and knock. I need to engage Christ - through prayer, adoration, the Sacraments, and the Word.

Specifically with the Word -- I need to pay close attention to what He desires from His people -- which is for us to remain in Him, and to obey His commandments. The first, most important, and best way to do this is through love. Christ says to love one another. St. Paul tells us that above everything is faith, hope, and love (ie, the theological virtues), and that the greatest of these is love.

So ... how do we knock on the door to Christ?

By LOVING. By loving one another as He has loved us. We can't do it on our own, but with Christ all is possible.